- 2 large courgettes, washed
- 30ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 6 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele
- 125g (4oz) ricotta
- 30ml (2 tbsp) pine nuts
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped & more for garnish
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Grana Padano cheese, finely grated
- Slice the courgettes thinly lengthwise in 0.5cm (⅕in) strips. You are aiming for 12 strips. A mandoline works well for this task.
- Brush the courgettes lightly with olive oil and grill on a high heat for two minutes on each side.
- Place the cooked courgette on paper towel to drain excess oil and let it cool down.
- Mix the ricotta, pine nuts and basil in a bowl.
- Cut each slice of ham in half lengthways and place half a slice on each courgette slice. Repeat the process.
- Gently spread the courgette topped ham with a thin layer of the ricotta mixture. Leave the one end clear of the spread.
- Starting at the end with the ricotta at the edge, carefully roll the courgette and its contents. When you get to the end, stick a toothpick close to the edge straight through the edge to the other end to keep the roll together.
- Arrange the courgette rolls on a serving platter and sprinkle with basil leaves and Grana Padano cheese. Serve immediately.
- Category: Starter
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 200
- Sodium: 391 mg
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5 g
- Protein: 12.9 g
- Cholesterol: 22 mg