Leek and bacon risotto is one of my favourite rice dishes. Simple, yet flavourful risotto with sophisticated flavours. Best cooked with Arborio rice. Top with parmesan cheese shavings or fresh herbs.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 8 rashers bacon
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 350g (12 oz) risotto (arborio) rice
- 200ml (6½ fl oz) white wine
- 800ml (1½ pint) hot vegetable stock
- grated parmesan, optional
- Heat the oil in the big pot and fry the bacon to your liking (just cooked or very crispy). Remove the bacon. When it has cooled, chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the leeks to the pot and fry for 2 minutes until starting to soften.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the wine and stock, and then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Remove the rice from the heat, add the bacon pieces, then stir in the parmesan if desired and some freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy this plate of delight with a glass of white wine.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 398
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 686 mg
- Fat: 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.65 g
- Protein: 15.05 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg