- 30ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 8 pork sausages, casings removed
- 500g/1lb passata
- 500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 tin (400g/1lb) cooked butter beans, drained
- Gently fry the onion in the oil in a large saucepan until translucent.
- Add the garlic and carrots and cook until softened.
- Turn up the heat and brown the sausages, then add the passata and stock.
- Keep the pot on high heat until the soup starts bubbling. Turn down the heat to let the soup slowly simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes then add the beans.
- Let it heat through for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 952 mg
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.8 g
- Fiber: 8.9 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 22 mg