- 200g (7 oz) dried chickpeas
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) curry powder
- 400g (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 450g (1 lb) sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 6 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lime juice
- 60ml (4 tbsp) coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli and curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, salt and vegetable stock. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, lime juice and coriander, simmer for 2 minutes and serve immediately.
- Serve with rice.
- Instead of using canned chickpeas you can soak 200g (7 oz) of dried chickpeas overnight and boil them for about an hour or so until they are tender. Simply follow the rest of the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 1166 mg
- Fat: 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.6 g
- Fiber: 11.8 g
- Protein: 13 g