This Slimming World beef stroganoff is a syn-free meal. It’s made with lean beef, mushrooms and quark. This is an excellent mid-week dinner recipe!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g (1lb) beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 250g (½ lb) mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) brandy [optional]
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 400ml (⅔ pt) beef stock
- 120g (4oz) quark
- 60ml (4 tbsp) parsley, washed and finely chopped
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and place it on a high heat.
- Brown the beef slices on all sides and set aside.
- Lower the heat, spray the pan again and gently fry the onion and garlic for 10 minutes, or until softened and translucent.
- Turn heat to high and add the mushrooms, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until the mushrooms are browned.
- Pour in the brandy, letting it sizzle for a minute.
- Lower the heat to medium, and add mustard and lemon juice and give the contents a stir.
- Pour in the beef stock and let the sauce simmer slowly for about 10 minutes or until the quantity has reduced by half.
- Stir in the quark thoroughly.
- Add the beef back into the mix and let the contents simmer for 5 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with your favourite side dish.
- If you’re not following any kind of diet, you can experiment with the cream element of the recipe. E.g. the quark can be substituted with creme fraiche, cream cheese or cream.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of mushrooms, from white ones, to chesnut to portobello, and even wild!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Russian
Keywords: slimming world beef stroganoff, beef stroganoff recipe, Russian beef recipe, beef and mushroom recipe