- 30ml (1 tbsp) ghee
- 800g (2lbs) lamb shoulder, cubed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ground turmeric
- 500ml (2 cups) curry base sauce
- 50g (½ cup) ground almonds
- 30ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- 50g (⅓ cup) sultanas
- 100g (3oz) creamed coconut
- 15ml (1 tbsp) garam masala
- 125ml (½ cup) single cream
- 30g (⅓ cup) flaked almonds
- 60ml (4 tbsp) cilantro, for garnishing
- Heat the ghee in a large ovenproof casserole.
- Cover the lamb with turmeric and brown on all sides in the casserole.
- Pour in the curry base sauce, stir and cover with a lid.
- Simmer on low heat until the meat is cooked and tender. In this case, it took about 90 minutes.
- Add the almonds, sugar, sultanas, coconut, garam masala and cream to the lamb.
- Stir and let the curry simmer slowly for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and cilantro. Serve with rice, naan and your favourite Indian side dishes.
- Category: Curry
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: lamb pasanda, pasanda lamb curry recipe, easy indian lamb curry