This is the ultimate lamb stir fry recipe. It involves lamb steak strips, broccoli, red peppers and a very flavourful sauce. Learn which sides work best.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 30ml (2 tbsp) dry sherry
- 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 450g (1lb) lamb steak, cut into thin strips
- 30ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 5cm (2in) fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 red chillies, washed and finely sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 red pepper, washed and julienned
- 8 spring onions, washed and finely chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) tamarind paste
- 60ml (4 tbsp) fish sauce
- 20ml (4 tsp) brown sugar
- 60ml (4 tbsp) fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- Create a slurry in a big bowl by mixing the cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce together.
- Stir in the lamb strips and let it marinate in the fridge for at least an hour. Remove from the fridge before the cooking process begins.
- In a large wok, heat the oil and then fry the garlic, ginger and chillies for 30 seconds.
- Add the lamb and fry until browned all over.
- Add the broccoli, red pepper and spring onion, and fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour into the tamarind paste, fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir until the sauce is smooth and covers all the ingredients.
- Serve immediately on top of rice and garnish with coriander.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 1966mg
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 101mg