No one can resist this Salad Olivieh recipe. This Iranian salad olivieh calls for chicken, eggs, mayo, cilantro, lemon juice, vegetables and more.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 45ml (3 tbsp) greek yogurt
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 450g (1lb) cooked new potatoes
- 450g (1lb) cooked chicken meat, shredded
- 150g (5oz) pickled gherkins, finely chopped
- 10 spring onions, washed and finely sliced
- 4 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 225g (½lb) cooked peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, lemon juice, greek yogurt and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a big salad bowl.
- Pour the salad dressing over salad and mix until everything is covered with the sauce.
- Season to taste and serve.
- In the spirit of health, I’ve not used a lot of dressing. If you’re a saucy kind of person, feel free to double up or even triple (!) the sauce ingredients. In recipes elsewhere on the web you’ll see the salad drenched in the stuff!
- This recipe is ideal for leftover roast lunches where you have an excess of meat, potato and peas at the end of the meal. You can substitute the chicken with other types of meat.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Iranian
Keywords: Salad Olivieh recipe, Persian Olivieh salad