This savoury mince recipe delivers bold flavours of lamb mince. Serve this gourmet savoury mince recipe over baked potatoes and top with cheddar cheese.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 450g (1 lb) minced lamb
- 30ml (2 tbsp) concentrated tomato puree
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 300ml (½ pint) beef stock
- 10ml (2 tsp) corn flour, mixed with 10ml (2 tsp) cold water
- 4 baked jacket potatoes, to serve
- grated cheddar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onion, garlic and carrot for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in lamb, cook for 3-4 minutes until browned, then add tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in stock, cover, then simmer for 20 minutes or even longer for better results. Season.
- Stir in corn flour into mince, cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over potatoes and top with cheddar.
- An alternative topping is plain yogurt or sour cream with chopped spring onions or chives.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 415 mg
- Fat: 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 102 mg