There are two ways you can make this creamy mushroom soup recipe. First, you can make it in the traditional sense where you follow the recipe closely. Or, you can make a soup maker mushroom soup by tossing all the ingredients into a handy kitchen robot, and let the soup maker do its magic for you.
The soup maker mushroom soup is by far the more convenient choice, especially for individuals who haven’t got much time to spare in the busy week. Simply toss all the ingredients inside and push the button. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have a perfectly made mushroom soup.
Altogether, the mushroom soup carries intense earthy flavours from the mushrooms. The flavours are complemented by the umami flavours of the stock and the herbs. Lastly, the soup is perfected by the addition of double cream, which of course makes the soup irresistibly velvety.
Serve this mushroom soup with some hot toasted bread, mushroom and fresh parsley. Or better yet, roast some hazelnuts and prepare to be dazzled with deliciousness. Enjoy. It is sensational!
products you need for this recipeHere is a list of the top products you’ll need to make this soup maker mushroom soup recipe. Therefore before you start, have a look in your kitchen to see if you’ve got any of these below:
- Tower Digital Soup Maker – this soup maker includes a steamer tray and juice extractor
- Vegetable slicer – you can use this slicer for the mushrooms and your soup maker mushroom soup will be made in a matter of minutes
- Organic white wine – add a bio / organic white wine into the mushroom soup recipe
- Slow cooker – you can also use a slow cooker for this soup recipe and standard ones for that matter
- Soup flask – if you would like to carry this soup maker mushroom soup with you throughout the day, you can with this flask
soup maker mushroom soup
This soup maker mushroom soup can be completed in just under an hour. Even faster if you have the right type of equipment in your kitchen. That being said, with the right soup maker, you can make any soup recipe in a matter of minutes.
For instance, you can try the following soups:
- easy carrot soup
- vegan split pea soup
- watercress soup
- swede soup
- zucchini and leek soup
- sweet potato and red pepper soup
Any of these soup recipes are made with humble vegetables which contain lots of nutritional value, just like this soup maker mushroom soup.
best mushrooms for soup
The best type of mushrooms for this mushroom soup are:
- cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- white button mushrooms or champignon mushrooms
- penny bun mushrooms (my favourite)
Of course, you can use other types of mushrooms, but the three above-mentioned mushrooms are the best.
If you’ve purchased a large quantity of mushrooms, don’t panic. Since mushrooms are so versatile, they can be used in numerous recipes. For example, take a look at the suggestions below:
- mushroom pakora
- creamy mushroom and sherry sauce
- mushroom bhaji
- beef stew with mushrooms and red wine
- beef and mushroom pies
- mushroom and bacon spaghetti
- porcini mushroom rubbed rump steak
slimming world mushroom soup maker
To make this soup maker mushroom soup slimming-world friendly, there are a couple of tweaks you will have to make to this recipe.
- Use a low calorie cooking spray instead of cooking oil – 0 syns
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, arrowroot powder or tapioca instead of flour (this will also help you make a gluten-free soup) – 1.5 syns
- Instead of heavy cream / double cream use light coconut milk – 4 syns
- Omit the butter
- Do not add the white wine, use a pinch of lemon juice instead – 0 syns
If you follow the above-mentioned steps, you will bring down the syn value per serving of this mushroom soup to approximately 2 syns. Just take note, that light coconut milk might vary regarding syn value.
Here are additional slimming world recipes with low syn value that you might be interested in:
- slimming world butternut squash soup
- slimming world beef
- SW beef stew
- slimming world egg fried rice
- slimming world spaghetti bolognese
Have I tempted you with any of these flavourful slimming world recipes?
chicken and mushroom soup in soup maker
In a soup maker, this soup maker mushroom soup is a piece of cake. In my recipe, I’ve opted to use chicken stock. However, you can also use other types of stock.
For instance, you can opt for beef stock to enhance the earthy flavours of the soup. Otherwise, you can also opt for vegetable stock, which will effectively make this mushroom soup a vegetarian recipe.
best toppings for mushroom soup
Here are some of the best toppings you can consider for this amazing soup maker mushroom soup recipe. Start with the following:
- fresh parsley or fresh watercress
- roasted / pan-fried mushrooms in butter (by far one of the best toppings)
- roasted / pan fried hazelnuts (hazelnuts and mushrooms are a sophisticated pair)
- fried bacon bits
- thyme or these thyme substitutes
- fried cubes of bread
- crisped up leaves of Brussels sprout (works wonders with the earthy flavours of the mushroom)
- double cream / heavy cream for garnish or decorative purposes
Next, serve the mushroom soup with a warm piece of toasted baguette or bread. You can serve it with any type of bread:
- white bread
- brown bread
- sourdough bread
- rye bread and many more
You can also always go for gluten-free alternatives. Simply seek out gluten-free bread. As a finishing touch, spread a bit of butter and enjoy.
Do you have a certain way you would serve this soup maker mushroom soup? Let me know how your mushroom soup would differ from mine. Enjoy.Print
Learn how to make mushroom soup in a soup maker. Make this creamy yet warming soup in two ways, one of which involves a handy soup maker.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 7.5ml (½ tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 7.5ml (½ tbsp) thyme
- 60ml (¼ cup) white wine
- 25g (3 tbsp) flour
- 375g (¾lbs) mushrooms
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 beef stock cubes, crumbled
- 125ml (½ cup) double cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnishing
If you are in a rush, you can place all the ingredients except the cream, seasoning and parsley in the Tower Soup Maker and hit the Smooth Soup button and let this smart gadget do its thing. Add the cream afterwards and season to taste.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat and pour in the wine, letting it sizzle for two minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle in the flour, stirring vigorously to avoid any lumps from forming.
- Transfer the contents to the Tower Soup Maker and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cream, seasoning and parsley.
- Hit the Smooth Soup button and let the machine do its magic, which would take 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, season to taste and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread and white wine. Enjoy!
In this recipe, I used even amounts, i.e. 125g (¼lb) of white, chestnut and portobello mushrooms to enhance the flavour.
If you don’t have a soup maker, you can still make this recipe! In Step 5, add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and after all the ingredients are cooked around 15 minutes later, tip the contents in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Soup Maker mushroom soup recipe, mushroom soup in soup maker, soup maker recipe