Learn how to make mushroom soup in a soup maker. Make this creamy yet warming soup in two ways, one of which involves a handy soup maker.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 7.5ml (½ tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 7.5ml (½ tbsp) thyme
- 60ml (¼ cup) white wine
- 25g (3 tbsp) flour
- 375g (¾lbs) mushrooms
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 beef stock cubes, crumbled
- 125ml (½ cup) double cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnishing
If you are in a rush, you can place all the ingredients except the cream, seasoning and parsley in the Tower Soup Maker and hit the Smooth Soup button and let this smart gadget do its thing. Add the cream afterwards and season to taste.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat and pour in the wine, letting it sizzle for two minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle in the flour, stirring vigorously to avoid any lumps from forming.
- Transfer the contents to the Tower Soup Maker and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cream, seasoning and parsley.
- Hit the Smooth Soup button and let the machine do its magic, which would take 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, season to taste and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread and white wine. Enjoy!
In this recipe, I used even amounts, i.e. 125g (¼lb) of white, chestnut and portobello mushrooms to enhance the flavour.
If you don’t have a soup maker, you can still make this recipe! In Step 5, add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and after all the ingredients are cooked around 15 minutes later, tip the contents in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Soup Maker mushroom soup recipe, mushroom soup in soup maker, soup maker recipe