Enjoy this totally syn free slimming world spaghetti Bolognese recipe. Learn which pasta toppings are Healthy Extras and which ones you should look out for.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, washed and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 500g (1lb) lean beef mince
- 125ml (½ cup) red wine [optional, 8.5 syns]
- 500ml (2 cups) passata
- 400g (1 can) chopped tomatoes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
- 250ml (1 cup) beef stock
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried basil
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
- 5ml (1 tsp) rosemary
- 15ml (1 tbsp) artificial sweetener [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F/gas mark 3.
- Spray a large ovenproof casserole dish with low calorie cooking spray.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery and carrots and cook over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Don’t forget to regularly give it a stir!
- Turn up the heat and add the beef mince to the vegetables, browning the meat as you stir.
- Pour in the red wine and let it bubble for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Turn up the heat and let it reach a slow simmering point.
- Place the lid on the dish and transfer it to the oven.
- After 30 minutes, reduce the oven’s temperature to 140°C/275°F/gas mark 1 and cook for another 2 hours. If the bolognese gets a bit dry, add a splash of water.
- Serve with pasta or spiralised vegetables. Shavings of parmesan won’t go amiss either!
- You don’t have to cook the bolognese for so long, but low and slow is definitely the way to go for best results. The sauce tastes even better the next day!
- Red wine makes everything taste better! Although it’s optional in this recipe, it is worth the extra 1.5 syns per serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: slimming world spaghetti bolognese, slimming world bolognese sauce recipe, spag Bol recipe, bolognese slimming world