Make this sweet chili chicken stir fry recipe. You’ll need humble ingredients like courgette, red bell peppers and carrots. Make your own variation & enjoy!
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) Chinese five spice
- 300g (10oz) skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, washed and julienned
- 1 leek, washed and julienned
- 1 courgette, washed and julienned
- 1 red pepper, washed and julienned
- 90g (3oz) sweet chilli sauce
- Dust the chicken with the Chinese five spice.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and fry the chicken for 5 minutes until it’s browned on all sides.
- Add the leek and carrot and continue to stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the courgette and pepper and continue to stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the sweet chilli sauce, stirring to ensure that all the ingredients get covered with the sauce. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with egg fried rice.
- The cooking time of the vegetables depend mainly on how cooked you like them. The more crunch they have the more vitamins they retain in the cooking process. Always ensure that the chicken is cooked through.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 23.1g
- Cholesterol: 67mg