Replicate this easy seared tuna salad recipe at home and serve your family a healthy gourmet meal. Enjoy cooking with fresh tuna & make the salad your own.
- 450g (1lb) fresh tuna steak
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, washed and finely sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Run the vegetable oil all over the tuna steak.
- Sear the fish for about 15 seconds on each side in a sizzling hot pan.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the fennel and orange slices evenly between plates.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the tuna steak into thin strips and place them on top of the salad.
- Drizzle the salad with olive oil and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- The time to sear each side depends on the thickness of the piece of tuna steak you bought. If it’s at least 5cm (2 in) thick, you can sear it for slightly longer.
- Be diligent when cooking the tuna. You don’t want it cooked through!
- Buy the best quality tuna you can find, sashimi-quality if you will.
- Category: Starter
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 439
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fat: 25.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 55mg