Making your own cashew milk is easier than you think. Soak some cashew nuts first before blending them with dates, water and vanilla. Use as you would do normal milk, it really is that versatile!
- 160g (1 cup) raw cashews
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla bean paste
- pinch of salt
- Soak the cashews overnight in water.
- Place all the ingredients in the K-Mojo DigiMaster’s blender and blitz until smooth.
- This is suitable to serve as is, in the shape of a drink, with cereal or in cooking. Enjoy!
- If you’re in a hurry or simply forgot, you can cover the cashews in boiled water for 15 minutes then you can proceed with the recipe, as noted above.
- For a smoother finish and if you have some muslin at hand, pour the cashew milk through the muslin to get rid of the cashew slurry. It’s entirely up to you – both taste delicious and my son gives the rustic version a big thumbs up!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cashew milk, nut milk, cashew recipe, vegan milk, how to make cashew milk, blender recipe