- Gently fry the leeks and onion for 10 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add the potato and stock, then bring to a simmering point. Let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Pour in the almond milk, and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer everything to a food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can you a stick blender and do it straight in the pot.
- Season to taste then divide the soup between four bowls.
- Sprinkle with chives and drizzle with vegan cream. Serve with your favourite bread. Enjoy!
- This recipe is vegan, but you can easily substitute the oil with butter, use standard milk and cream.
- This soup freezes well.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: leek and onion soup, onion and leek soup recipe, vegan soup, vegan starter recipe