Learn how to make protein flapjacks. Perfect before gym or post workouts. Packed with protein, it’s great for breakfast or as a snack.
- 300g (3⅓ cups) White’s Organic Jumbo Oats
- 100g (1 cup) protein powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground nutmeg
- 225g (1 cup) peanut butter
- 75ml (5 tbsp) date syrup
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 22.5ml (1½ tbsp) peanut oil
- 250ml (1 cup) plant-based milk
- 30ml (2 tbsp) pumpkin seeds [optional]
- 30ml (2 tbsp) dried cranberries [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/390°F/gas mark 6.
- Grease a 30x20cm (12 x 8in) baking tin and set aside.
- Place the oats and protein powder in a large mixing bowl with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Incorporate peanut butter, date syrup, vanilla extract and peanut oil with the dry mixture.
- Once the ingredients are well combined, add milk systematically and mix until an even consistency is formed.
- [Optional] Sprinkle the fruit and seeds on top before placing the tin in the oven.
- Tip the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, slice into portions and enjoy!
- You can use regular milk or any plant-based milk you prefer.
- If you have an affinity for other seeds and nuts, feel free to add some extras to the mix.
- The extras can be added as a topping or form part of the actual flapjacks.
- For a touch of glamour, melt the chocolate of your choice, and dip half of each cooked flapjack slice into it. Leave to dry and enjoy later.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: protein flapjacks, high protein flapjack recipe, British flapjacks, healthy snack