When Neil and I got to know each other, I told him when celebrating I like to drink champagne mixed with orange juice. “Oh, you mean Buck’s Fizz,” he said. At that moment I gave him a blank look, which quickly turned into a worried expression, wondering if he’s from planet Cuckoo. A few years down the line I now know what it is and found out Neil is saner than me. Worrying, isn’t it?
Anyway, back to this drink. In a funny sort of a way this reminds me of Buck’s Fizz. The lemon sorbet makes it a bit different by adding creaminess to it. Omit or reduce the amount of sugar if you like more bitterness. So if you’re on a diet or budget or abstaining, this is the drink for you.
Ruby Grapefruit Fizz
- 500ml (2 cups) ruby grapefruit juice
- 250ml (1 cup) soda water
- 30ml (2 tbsp) caster sugar
- 4 scoops lemon sorbet
- Combine the ruby grapefruit juice, sugar and soda water in a large jug, stir, then refrigerate.
- Pour into chilled glasses and top with a scoop of lemon sorbet.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 34 mg
Total Carbohydrates 33.8 g
Sugars 14.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.