Learn how to make this Salt and Pepper Chips recipe and your wallet will never have to suffer from expensive Chinese takeaways again.
- 500g (1lb) frozen potato chips
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- ½ large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, washed and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 red chillies, washed and finely sliced
- 30ml (1 tbsp) rice wine
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt and chilli seasoning
- Cook the chips following packet instructions or make your own from scratch.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion, green pepper and chillies for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the rice wine and let it sizzle for 2 minutes while continuing to stir.
- Add the chips to the stir fry and season with the salt and chilli mixture.
- Serve immediately as a side dish to a fakeaway Chinese meal. Enjoy!
- For best results, use chunky chips. However, any type of chips or fries will work. E.g. skin-on fries, skinny fries, steak chips or crinkle cut chips.
- Some recipes call for soy sauce. Feel free to use it but remember the seasoning is quite salty as well!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: salt and pepper chips, how to make salt and pepper chips, salt and chilli chips, salt and pepper chips recipe, chinese salt and pepper chips, homemade salt and pepper chips