Your wallet will never have to suffer on expensive Chinese takeaways if you learn how to make these salt and chilli chips. They are finger-licking awesome!
Salt and Chilli Seasoning
- 15ml (1 tbsp) salt
- 7.5ml (½ tbsp) caster sugar
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) Chinese 5 spice
- 10ml (2 tsp) crushed chilli flakes
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) garlic powder
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) ground ginger
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) ground white pepper
Mix all the ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Salt and Chilli Chips
- 500g (1lb) cooked potato chips/fries
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- ½ large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, washed and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 red chillies, washed and finely sliced
- 30ml (1 tbsp) rice wine
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt and chilli seasoning
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion, green pepper and chillies for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the rice wine and let it sizzle for 2 minutes while continuing to stir.
- Add the chips/fries to the stir fry and season with the salt and chilli mixture.
- Serve immediately as a side dish to a fakeaway Chinese meal. Enjoy!
- Some recipes call for soy sauce. Feel free to use it but remember the seasoning is quite salty as well!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: salt and chilli chips, how to make salt and chilli chips, Chinese salt and pepper chips recipe, chilli chips recipe