Sautéed Peppers and Onions are super quick and easy side dish that everyone can enjoy. Vegan and keto-friendly, you can tweak it too!
- 45ml (3 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 80ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
- 1 jalapeno chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Peppers and Onions
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and julienned
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and julienned
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Spicy Dressing
- Place half the olive oil, vinegar and chilli in a small mixing bowl, then whisk. Season to taste and set aside.
For The Peppers
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the onion and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and peppers and sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, pour in the dressing, stir and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- This side dish can be served cold as well, e.g. as part of a tapas dinner.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppers and onions, sauteed peppers and onions, how to saute onions and peppers, caramelized onions and peppers, vegan side dish, keto side dish recipe