This seedless blackberry jam is one of the best blackberry jam recipes around. Truly seedless! Make sure you take advantage of this delicious fruit when it’s available.
- 600g (1⅓lb ) blackberries, washed
- 200g (7oz) jam sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 thyme sprigs [optional]
- The night before you make your jam, layer the blackberries and sugar together in a large bowl, then cover and set aside at room temperature.
- Place the berry mixture, lemon juice and thyme in a large saucepan and heat the contents slowly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the thyme sprig, if you used it.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Preferably, use a sugar thermometer. Your aim is for the mixture to reach 105°C/221°F, which is the setting temperature.
- Remove from the heat and let a small dollop cool off on the cold saucer. Push it with your finger. You want it to go wrinkly. If it doesn’t, return the saucepan to the heat and boil for another 2 minutes before removing from the heat again and testing it. Repeat until you get the desired result.
- Once the jam is ready, leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Sieve the jam and place in a sterilised jar. Store in a cool dry place and refrigerate once opened. Enjoy!
- Category: Jam
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: seedless blackberry jam, blackberry jam recipe, how to make seedless blackberry jam, homemade jam recipe