Learning how to make carrot soup is a piece of cake! This post will teach you all the tips and tricks to making the best carrot soup you have ever made.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 45ml (3 tbsp) rice, washed
- 1 litre (4 cups) boiling water or chicken/vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- mint, cilantro or chervil, for garnish
- Melt the oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the onions gently until softened.
- Add the carrots to the saucepan and stir, trying to coat everything in butter.
- Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add the rice to the vegetables.
- Immeditately pour the water or stock to the saucepan.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Whizz with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- Return the purée to pan and reheat.
- Season with salt and pepper and season to taste.
- Divide among serving bowls and top with herbs.
Add a dash of sour cream, yogurt or cream to make this soup luxurious. If you find the soup a tad bit too thick, add stock or water to thin. Add a chopped potato or two to the soup instead of rice if you prefer.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 126 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.1 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg