This tasty summer Strawberry Blackberry Banana Smoothie is fruity and sweet and is quick and easy to make.
- 125g (1 cup) frozen strawberries
- 125g (1 cup) frozen blackberries
- 125g (1 cup) frozen banana
- 250ml (1 cup) almond milk
- 250ml (1 cup) plain dairy-free yogurt
- 2 dates, pitted
- Place all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- The cup measurements for the frozen fruit were guestimated. Your best bet is to place the blender on a scale, reset to 0 and add the fruit. That said, smoothies are very forgiving things to make. The most important thing to remember is to keep the ratios of fruit the same and simply adjust the liquids according to desired consistency.
- Not all fruit needs to be in a frozen state in order to be used in this recipe. It will be just fine if you just used one frozen fruit and 2 fresh ones.
- As mentioned in Almond Milk Protein Shake (https://www.greedygourmet.com/recipes-for-diets/gluten-free/chocolate-banana-protein-shake/), I have a permanent stash of frozen bananas in the fridge for when a smoothie craving hits. Pro Tip: let the bananas become overripe before peeling and chopping them up. Much sweeter!
- If you’re not vegan, substitute the almond milk and dairy free yogurt with the cow versions.
- Not a fan of yogurt, add more milk instead.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) of maple syrup can be used instead of dates. Add more or omit altogether; do whatever you like!
- If you’d like to have a bit of protein in the smoothie, let 15g (1 tbsp) of chia seeds soak in the milk first before proceeding to blend everything together. A scoop of collagen or two will work too!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie, blackberry strawberry smoothie yogurt smoothie, strawberry blackberry smoothie no yogurt, breakfast berry smoothie