Make this tasty vegan leek and potato soup recipe. It is creamy, perfectly spiced and absolutely vegan! Read more on the different variations of this soup.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 leeks, white part only, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 200g (7 oz) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 250ml (2 cups) almond milk
- 30ml (2 tbsp) chives, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan and add the onion, leek, celery and garlic.
- Let the vegetables sweat over a low heat until they are softened but not browned. This will take about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the potato and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before puréeing in a blender or food processor. Return to the clean saucepan. (If you have a hand blender there is no need to wait. You can blend the soup immediately.)
- Bring the soup gently back to the boil and stir in the milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and reheat without boiling.
- Serve hot or well chilled, garnished with chives.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 636 mg
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 4.3 g