Make this quick, delicious and heathy apple crumble slice recipe. It’s the perfect recipe for breakfast or as a snack.
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 100g (3oz) caster sugar
- 75g (2½oz) butter
- 45g (1½oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30ml (2 tbsp) milk
- 125g (4oz) flour
- 25g (1 oz) oats
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- 60g (2oz) oats
- 45g (1½oz) flour
- 60g (2oz) walnuts, chopped
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground ginger
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground nutmeg
- 60g (2oz) butter
- For the Apple Filling: Place the apples and sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir and cover and cook on a low heat until the apple are soft and cooked.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the Shortbread: Preheat the oven to 165°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Grease a square cake tin and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, then add the egg and milk.
- Stir in the flour, oats and baking powder.
- Spread the mixture over the cake tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave the shortbread in the tin to cool.
- For the Crumble: Place all the ingredients (except the butter) in a large bowl and mix.
- Melt the butter, pour it over the mixture and mix everything well.
- When the shortbread base has cooled down, spread the apple filling over it then top it with the crumble.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: apple crumble slice, apple crumble bar recipe