This apricot cobbler is simply amazing thanks to fresh apricots being used. This is American desserts at its best! Enjoy with ice cream or custard.
- 170g (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) cornstarch
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) ground nutmeg
- 1kg (2lbs) fresh apricots, washed and halved
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 256g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 52g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 100g (7 tbsp) butter
- 30ml (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F / gas mark 6.
- For the Filling, bring 250ml (1 cup) of water, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg to the boil.
- Stir until thickened, which should take around 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat, add the apricots and butter.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Pour the filling into a 23cm x 33cm (9X13 inch) baking dish.
- For the topping, combine the flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Systematically pour the milk into the crumble until the topping is just moistened.
- Spoon the wet mixture evenly over the apricot filling and dollops.
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar evenly over the topping.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream, custard or cream. Enjoy!
Use only as much milk as needed to moisten the crumble. You don’t want the flour mixture to get too soggy and difficult to handle.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apricot cobbler recipe, fresh apricot cobbler, American dessert