- 1kg (2lb) new potatoes, washed
- 90g (3oz) sugar
- 90g (3oz) butter
- Boil the potatoes whole until cooked.
- Drain in a colander and let the potatoes cool down.
- Peel them.
- Melt the sugar in a frying pan. When it starts to brown, add the butter and stir to thoroughly.
- Lower the heat and add the potatoes to the caramel.
- Turn the potatoes around to ensure they get coated evenly and carry on the glazing process until they are light brown.
- They are ideally served cold.
- Waxy potatoes are preferable.
- You’re welcome to use less butter but you’ll find that the caramel go stringy very quickly.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 337
- Sugar: 22.5 g
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Fat: 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.3 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 48 mg