One bite from this brie sandwich and your heart will be won over forever. Chicken and pear don’t seem like a likely combination either but just trust me. Try it!
- 4 thick slices bread
- 10ml (2 tsp) mayonnaise [one per sandwich]
- 10ml (2 tsp) fig or apricot jam
- sliced cooked chicken breast
- Brie cheese (3 to 4 slices per sandwich)
- 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic onions [one per sandwich]
- 1 ripe pear, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- salad leaves
- Arrange the slices of bread on the work surface.
- Spread the mayo lightly on one slice and the jam on the other.
- Place the chicken slices on the mayo side of each pair, covering the bread. Top with the Brie slices.
- Spread out the balsamic onions over the layer of Brie. Top with pear slices. Add a layer of salad leaves per sandwich.
- Put the jam-covered bread slice on the sandwich, jam side down. Slice into two triangles.
Serve with a beverage for a simple lunch or with a salad for a light dinner. In a pinch, use a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket rather than cooking the chicken breast beforehand. Toasting the bread gives a little extra flavour and crunch.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 239g
- Calories: 524
- Sugar: 18.5 g
- Sodium: 640 mg
- Fat: 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.4 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 26.7 g
- Cholesterol: 72 mg
Keywords: brie sandwich recipe, chicken and brie sandwich, chicken and pear recipe