Chocolate Cheerio Baubles are great for Christmas craft activities for children. Using just melted chocolate and Cheerios, you can get so creative.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until smooth and remove the bowl from the pan.
- Melt the white chocolate in the same way and remove from the heat. Add the peanut butter to the white chocolate and stir well until smooth.
- Add 33g (1 cup) of Cheerios to the melted dark chocolate and stir thoroughly until all the hoops are covered with chocolate. Add the remaining Cheerios to the melted white chocolate and do the same.
- Now you need at least 10 x 5cm (2in) acrylic fillable baubles. Fill one half with white chocolate cheerios and the other with dark chocolate cheerios.
- When putting the two bauble halves together, ensure that the fillings are touching each other so that they stick together in the chilling process. Chill for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Remove the chocolate balls from the bauble casings.
- Melt a bit of chocolate and dip one cheerio in it. Attach the dipped cheerio onto the chocolate ball, which will now act as a hoop for you to hook or string through to allow you to hang it onto your
- Christmas tree. Repeat the process, until all balls are transformed into baubles.
- Place the baubles onto a plate and chill for 10 minutes.
- Use a hook or string to attach to your Christmas tree! Happy munching!
- If you’re not keen on dark chocolate, you can use milk chocolate too.
- You can also use the microwave to speed things up when melting the chocolate. Remember to give it 10 second blasts and stir in between until it’s all melted.
- You can use different sized baubles to change things up.
- Alternatively, you can create a homemade foodie gift for special occasions such as birthdays and Christmas. This will entail putting all the assembled concoctions in one block. Here’s how to do it: Line a shallow tin with greased baking parchment. Drop alternate spoonfuls of each chocolate mix into the prepared tin, then tap the tin to level the mixture. Chill for 2-3 hours until firm. Turn out onto a board and wrap in cellophane. Keep chilled in the fridge until giving it away.
- Another option is simply to use a lined muffin tin and filling them with the white and dark chocolate cheerios.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cheerios, cheerio recipe, cheerio dessert, christmas crafts