- 1 cauliflower, florets only
- 125ml (½ cup) double cream
- 35g (1oz) breadcrumbs [optional]
- 35g (1oz) grated parmesan cheese [optional]
- Boil the cauliflower for 5 minutes in salted water. Drain.
- Heat the cream in a large ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add the cauliflower to the dish and mix thoroughly. Season well.
- At this point you can serve the creamed cauliflower immediately, or you can turn it into a Cauliflower Cheese kind of a dish.
- Heat the oven to its highest setting.
- Top the cauliflower with the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until a golden crust has formed on top.
- Serve with a green salad or as a side dish.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 51 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 2.8 g