When it comes to sweet treats, they just don’t get any better than an easter egg cheesecake. Easter is a time to fully indulge in heavenly chocolate!
- 300g (10½oz) Oreo cookies, fillings removed
- 150g (⅔ cup) butter
- 450g (1lb) white chocolate
- 650g (3 cups) cream cheese
- 100g (1 cup) icing sugar
- 7.5ml (1½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 400ml (1⅔ cup) double cream
For the Biscuit Base:
- Crush the biscuits in a sealable plastic bag with a rolling pin until everything turns into crumbs.
- Mix the butter with the crumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into the base of a 23cm (9in) springform cake tin and level with the back of a spoon.
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- Melt the chocolate and set aside. See Notes.
- Whisk the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until combined.
- Continue whisking while slowly pouring in the melted chocolate.
- Next, whisk until all the cream is gradually poured in. Alternatively, you can whisk the cream in a separate bowl and fold it into the chocolate mixture afterwards.
- Transfer the filling to the tin and spread evenly over the biscuit base.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
For the Decoration:
- Create a double boiler by bringing a medium pot filled almost halfway with water to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl that’s just big enough to sit on top of the pot and add your chocolate chips and cream to the bowl.
- Keep stirring the chocolate, using a silicone spatula, until the chocolate is completely melted and the cream incorporated. The chocolate sauce should be perfectly smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Wait for the chocolate mixture to cool down slightly, but it should still be a bit runny.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and pour the chocolate on top, ensuring it to form an even layer.
- Place the cheesecake back in the fridge for about 2 hours, waiting for the chocolate to set.
- The fun part is decorating. Use any Easter eggs you please. In the case I used mini eggs, creme eggs and golden sprinkles. Have fun and enjoy!
- There are two ways you can melt the chocolate for the cheesecake filling. Firstly, you can do it in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Or, you can give it short zaps in the microwave until everything is melted, giving it a stir in between.
- The cheesecake keeps for 3 days in the fridge.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: Easter egg cheesecake, easter cheesecake recipe, white chocolate cheesecake with Easter eggs, Easter egg filled with cheesecake