Combine roasted hazelnuts & your favourite hazelnut spread to make this irresistible Ferrero Rocher ice cream. It’s a top ice cream recipe that you’ll love.
- 500ml (2 cups) double cream
- 250ml (1 cup) whole milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) + 15ml (1 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 75ml (5 tbsp) Nutella
- 90ml (6 tbsp) chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- Extra Nutella, for serving
- Combine the cream, milk and 15ml (1 tbsp) sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a slow simmer then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the Nutella until it’s dissolved. Bring the mixture back up to a slow simmer.
- While the Nutella mixture being brought up to heat, take a large bowl, whisk together the 125ml (1/2 cup) sugar and egg yolks. Continue whisking until the egg mixture has doubled in volume and has a light yellow consistency.
- Temper hot milk into the sugar yolk mixture, by slowly adding hot milk about 60ml (1/4 cup) at a time, whisking to distribute heat. Once all the milk has been added, transfer mixture back into the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until mixture reaches nappé consistency, or 80°C (180°F) on a kitchen thermometer. Let mixture sit at this temperature for 5 minutes to pasteurise the eggs.
- Pour the contents to a large bowl and place it in cold water in order for the mixture to cool down while you stir it.
- Freeze the Nutella and hazelnut mixture in an ice cream maker according to your unit’s instructions.
- Add the hazelnuts halfway through the churning process.
- Once the volume has increased by half and reached a soft serve consistency, transfer mixture into an airtight container and let harden in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Decorate with swirls of Nutella and crushed Ferrero Rocher balls.
- Alternatively, use your favourite chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Some ice cream makers have a slot available to add extras during the churning process.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ferrero rocher ice cream recipe, ice cream maker recipes