Learn how to make the perfect lime curd recipe. This curd is packed with citrusy flavours and has a velvety and creamy texture.
- 6 large eggs
- 300g (2½ cups) sugar
- 150g (⅔ cup) butter
- 2 (2 tbsp) limes, zest only
- 150ml (⅔ cup) lime juice
- Quarter fill a large saucepan with boiling water and place over a low heat.
- Place a mixing bowl over the saucepan, if the bowl is touching the water tip some of the water out.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the top of the saucepan.
- Place the eggs in the bowl and whisk until the mixture turns pale.
- Tip in the sugar and whisk in until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the butter, lime zest and juice.
- Place the mixing bowl back on top of the saucepan. Whisk constantly until the mixture resembles a thick custard.
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a jam funnel, pour the curd into sterilized jars and immediately seal with the lids.
- Serve with whatever you like but we would serve it on a No Bake Lime Cheesecake. Enjoy!
- After the jars are sealed, they are best stored in a cool, dark place.
- Once the jar is opened, store in the fridge and consume within 1 month. It won’t last that long though!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Preserve
- Method: Bain Marie
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Lime curd, best Lime Curd Recipe, Cheesecake Topping, lime curd desserts, lime dessert recipe, lime recipe