Enjoy part of your 5-a-day in one glass.
- 500g (1 lb) frozen berries [e.g. strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, black currants, red currants, etc.], partially thawed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) caster sugar
- 300ml (½ pint / 1¼ cups) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 60ml (4 tbsp) single [light] cream [optional]
- Tip all but a few summer fruits into a blender or food processor and add the sugar and orange juice. Blend until smooth, adding a little more orange juice if the mixture is too thick.
- Pour the smoothie into 3 tall glasses and, using a teaspoon, swirl a little cream into each glass. Top with the reserved fruits and serve with long spoons to mix the cream.
- If you do not want to squeeze the oranges, you can buy juice – but avoid the concentrated juices.
- Serving Size: 277.7g
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 29.4 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg