- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil1 large leek (weighing about 250g/8oz), washed, trimmed and finely chopped
- 6 mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 90ml (6 tbsp) double cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) parsley, finely chopped
- Melt the butter and oil in a frying pan and cook the leeks until softened.
- Add the mushrooms then fry the vegetables until cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Divide the mixture between two ramekins then crack an egg in each one.
- Pour cream on top and season to taste.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish and pour enough lukewarm water into the dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the egg yolks are set to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with buttered toast.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 133 mg
- Fat: 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 15.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Protein: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 264 mg