Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 red peppers, washed and cut into chunks
- 450g (1lb) cherry tomatoes, washed
- 2 large courgettes, washed and chopped roughly
- 1 tin (400g) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Goodlife Cauliflower & Mature Cheddar Sausages
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15ml (1tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F/gas mark 6.
- Pour the onions, peppers, tomatoes, courgettes and chickpeas in a large roasting tin and toss in the oil. Season to taste.
- Place the frozen sausages on top of the vegetables and then place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix the olive oil, mustard, vinegar and honey in a cup.
- Remove the tray from the oven, then pour the dressing over the sausage dish and give everything a good stir to coat the ingredients evenly.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for another 15mins or until the sausages are done.
- The honey in the dressing is optional.
- In this recipe vegetarian sausages are used but meaty ones can be used as well, which means slightly longer cooking times. Be sure to test with a thermometer to ensure they are safe to eat!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 439
- Sugar: 23.4 g
- Sodium: 567 mg
- Fat: 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 56.5 g
- Fiber: 16.1 g
- Protein: 17 g