A twist on a traditional drink to make a rich and creamy Vegan Eggnog which is made with cashews and almond milk.
- 140g (1 cup) raw cashews
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 750ml (3 cups) almond milk
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla paste
- 1g (½ tsp) cinnamon
- 1g (½ tsp) nutmeg
- 0.5g (¼ tsp) ground cloves
- 30ml (2 tbsp) bourbon
- 15ml (1 tbsp) rum
- Pour freshly boiled water over the raw cashews in a bowl.
- Allow them to soak for roughly 5-10 minutes and then drain.
- Pour them to your blender and add the almond milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Blend until silky smooth then transfer to your refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Remove from the fridge and add the bourbon and the rum.
- Serve in the glass of your choice and sprinkle a little cinnamon or nutmeg over the top for decoration. Enjoy!
- You can substitute the cashews for other nuts, such as almonds.
- Feel free to experiment with alternative nut milks if you can’t find almond milk.
- You can serve this eggnog without alcohol or substitute it for alcohol of your choice.
- If you have a nut allergy, then try silken tofu or coconut milk.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan eggnog, Eggnog recipe, Christmas ideas for Vegans, plant based eggnog, egg free eggnog, dairy free eggnog, non dairy eggnog, cashew milk eggnog, almond milk eggnog