This cranberry chutney recipe is a delicious twist on a classic condiment, with sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors that make it a perfect holiday side dish.
- 1kg (9 cups) fresh cranberries
- 3 large apples, peeled and grated
- 2 large red onions, finely chopped
- 2 oranges, juice and peel, sliced thinly
- 250g (1½ cup) raisins
- 250ml (1 cup) red wine
- 250ml (1 cup) red wine vinegar
- 500g (2¼ cups) brown sugar
- 18g (1 tbsp) sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely sliced
- 8g (1 tbsp) ground ginger
- 7g (1 tbsp) ground nutmeg
- 8g (1 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 6g (1 tbsp) ground allspice
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Stir over a medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn up the heat until a boiling point is reached, then lower it to reach a steady simmer. Cook for 1 hour or until the mixture is thick.
- Pour the chutney into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately.
- Store in a cool, dark place for a month to let the chutney mature.
- Serve with roast turkey or as part of a cheeseboard. Enjoy!
- If you can’t get hold of fresh cranberries, frozen ones work just as well.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours 15 minutes
- Category: Chutney
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry chutney, spicy cranberry chutney recipe, savory cranberry chutney, simple cranberry chutney, christmas cranberry chutney recipe, cranberry orange chutney, cranberry apple chutney, cranberry ginger chutney, dried cranberry chutney, fresh cranberry chutney