Quick and easy to make, Eggnog French Toast is the perfect Christmas time breakfast and a great way to use up any leftover eggnog. Serve with fresh berries and dollops of Greek yoghurt.
- 2 cups (500ml) eggnog
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (3g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (3g) ground nutmeg
- 1 loaf bloomer bread
- 2 tbsp (40g) butter
- Place the eggnog, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl and then whisk together
- Slice the bread into 1-1½ inch thick slices.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and melt a knob of butter in the pan.
- Dip the bread into the eggnog mixture and leave for around 5 seconds and then turn and do the same.
- Move the bread to the frying pan and cook for around 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with toppings of your choice, we chose icing sugar, fruit, maple syrup, Greek yogurt and berries. Enjoy!
- We used Bloomer bread but feel free to swap with a bread of your choice. I decided on the Bloomer as it is a little denser and holds together better when moist.
- You can adjust the quantities of nutmeg and cinnamon to your liking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggnog french toast, french toast with eggnog, french toast breakfast, eggnog, French toast, Christmas breakfast recipe, thanksgiving breakfast