The Don Pedro drink is a must-have alcoholic dessert recipe from South Africa. This version is made with vanilla ice cream, cream and Amarula.
- 450g (1 lb) soft vanilla ice cream
- 120ml (4 fl oz) double [heavy] cream
- 180ml (6fl oz) Amarula
- grated chocolate, for garnishing
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and sprinkle the chocolate on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- I use Cadbury’s Flake for the chocolate.
- Instead of double cream, you can use milk.
- Alternatively, you can use other liqueurs like Kahlua, Bailey’s, Amaretto, Disaronno, Cointreau, brandy and whisky. Check their percentage of alcohol though and adjust measurements accordingly. E.g. 60ml (4 tbsp) for whiskey serving 4.
- You can make the Don Pedro as strong as you like!
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: South African
Keywords: Don Pedro drink, dom Pedro recipe, Amarula recipe, South African dessert