Peppercorn chicken is an easy weeknight recipe you can prepare under 30 minutes. This green peppercorn sauce recipe comprises brandy, green peppercorns and crème fraîche.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 45ml (3 tbsp) brandy
- 120ml (4 fl oz) hot chicken stock
- 10ml (2 tsp) drained green peppercorns in brine
- 45ml (3 tbsp) crème fraîche
- Season chicken breasts lightly on both sides.
- Heat the butter until foaming in a large frying pan, then add the chicken breasts and cook gently for 4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn the meat over and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, or until tender. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the brandy to the pan, ignite and cook for 1 minute until the flames die down.
- Add the stock and green peppercorns to the pan, then simmer rapidly for 30 seconds or until the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche.
- Return to the heat and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Returns the chicken to the pan cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, butter-fried leeks and sweet carrots.
- Use green peppercorns preserved in brine for this dish, because they have a milder flavor than dried ones. Always remember to drain and rinse well before using.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked by inserting a knife into the thickest part. The juices should run clear.
- You can cook the breasts with their skins on. Just cook the meat skin-side down first for 4-5 minutes, or until golden, then turn around to cook the other side.
- The sauce will go well with beef steak too.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: peppercorn chicken, green peppercorn sauce, chicken with peppercorn sauce, peppercorn sauce recipe