- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 600g (1.3 lbs) sea bass fillets
- salt and freshly ground pepper
garlic lemon butter sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 60g (2 oz) butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Fry sea bass, turning once halfway through cooking time. Cook until opaque and moist on the inside, 4 to 8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the butter. When it starts sizzling add the garlic and let it sizzle for a minute or two, allowing the garlic to infuse the butter. Lower the heat to the minimum setting, add the lemon juice, stir and let it heat through. Season to taste. Drizzle over the fish fillets when it is served.
- The seabass was served on top of bubble and squeak, which is mashed potato and brussels sprouts fried in butter and oil.
- The sauce above is tailored to my taste. Feel free to play with the garlic, butter and lemon juice ratios until it suits you.
- The recipe for the sauce above only makes a small amount. Double the amount if you rave about sauces.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 237
- Sodium: 466 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Protein: 35.5 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg