- 8 pork loin medallions
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 4 apricots, washed and halved
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) white wine
- 75ml (5 tbsp) double cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry the pork in the oil until both sides are browned then set aside.
- In the same pan, place the apricots in a single layer. Fry them on both sides 1 minute each. Set aside.
- Add butter to the same pan, let it sizzle then add the leeks.
- Fry the leeks until softened then add the wine.
- Once the wine has reduced by half, add the double cream, pork and apricots.
- Cook gently until the sauce has thickened and serve immediately on top of a big pile of mash!
- You can make the sauce a bit runnier by adding a bit of vegetable stock to the wine.
- For a healthier alternative, you can omit the cream altogether and substitute it with 125ml (½ cup) vegetable stock. You can even add a tablespoon of apricot jam if you’d like to sweeten the sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Saturated Fat: 17.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 19.6 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg