If you fancy a good seafood salad, then this tasty sardine salad is definitely for you. You’ll need a can of boneless sardines and salad of your choice.
- 500g (1lb) new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 120g (4oz) rocket/arugula, washed
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, washed and sliced
- 1 orange pepper, washed and sliced
- 18 cherry tomatoes, washed
- 30 black olives
- 3 cans sardines, about 270g (9oz) in drained weight
- 90ml (6 tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain and set aside to cool down.
- Mix all the salad ingredients, including the sardines, in a large bowl.
- Stir the oil, vinegar and mustard in a cup then drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Portuguese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 12.9 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Fat: 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5 g
- Fiber: 8.2 g
- Protein: 17.4 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg