- cooking spray / olive oil / melted butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (fan 210°C/450°F/gas 8).
- Rinse the asparagus spears with cool water and snap off and discard the tough stem ends.
- Pat the asparagus spears dry with paper towels.
- Place the spears in a single layer on a large baking sheet or tray.
- Spray or drizzle the spears lightly with cooking spray, olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Bake the asparagus for 10 to 12 minutes or until the spears are tender.
- Serve preferably hot but it tastes good cold too!
- Serving Size: 53g
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 27 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g