Learn how to make this vegan sweet potato mash recipe at home! Bake or roast the sweet potatoes in the oven, scoop out the flesh and mash with your fat of choice.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 60ml (4 tbsp) fat, such as butter or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Place the sweet potatoes directly onto the oven’s wire rack and bake for 45 minutes or until soft. Be sure to place a tray underneath to catch the syrup of the vegetables.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and make a slit down the side on each sweet potato.
- The flesh should slide easily out of its jacket. Place all the sweet potato flesh in a large bowl or pot, and discard the skins.
- Mash the sweet potato with a fork or masher, along with fat and spice of your choice. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately as a side dish to a meal.
This is a very basic recipe that can easily be spruced up with the use of different fats, and herbs or spices.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 205
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Fat: 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20.9 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 7 mg
Keywords: sweet potato mash, sweet potato mash recipe, baked sweet potato mash, roasted sweet potato mash, how to make sweet potato mash