Perfect for summer BBQs, meal prep, date nights, and picnics, this Mediterranean Orzo Salad can be used as a side dish or tasty main.
- 500g (2 1/2 cups) dry orzo
- 250g (1 1/2 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 200g (1 cup) kalamata olives
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 240g (1 cup) cooked chickpeas
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into thin quartered slices
- 200g (1 1/4 cup) feta cheese, crumbled
- 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 90ml (6 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- basil leaves, for garnishing
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions, which should take around 10 minutes to boil. Drain and set aside to cool down while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Place the tomatoes, olives, red pepper, chickpeas, onion and cucumber in a large salad bowl and mix.
- Stir in the cooked orzo then the feta cheese.
- Just before serving, place the vinegar and oil in a jar, then shake well. Season to taste then drizzle over the salad and give it a stir.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Feel free to play around with the ratios of the different ingredients. You can even add or omit ingredients as you please.
- To bulk up the meal even more, you can add grilled salmon or chicken to turn this dish into a decent dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: orzo salad, risoni salad, orzo salad feta, easy orzo salad for a crowd, best orzo salad, italian orzo salad, mediterranean orzo salad, vegetarian orzo salad, orzo recipe