A tasty chicken terrine recipe that can be done in 30 minutes. Enhance the chicken terrine with bacon and pistachio. You’ll enjoy the various textures of the extra ingredients within the chicken terrine. Serve with green salad.
- 250g (9 oz) rindless streaky bacon
- 350g (12 oz) chicken breast fillets, cut into pieces
- 250g (9 oz) lean minced pork
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 55g (2 oz) shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 small egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Stretch bacon rashers with the back of a knife and use to line a 600ml/1 pint loaf tin, overlapping them slightly and leaving the edges overhanging on one side by about 10cm (4 inches). Put half the chicken into a food processor or blender and blend until finely chopped. Scrape into a bowl and stir in the remaining diced chicken, minced pork, onion, garlic, nuts, eggs, and plenty of seasoning. Spoon the mixture into the tin and fold over the overhanging strips of bacon.
- Cover with a double thickness of foil. Put the terrine into a small roasting tin and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the tin. Cook in the oven for 1½ hours. Remove the terrine from the roasting tin and leave to cool, then chill until firm.
- Turn out and cut into chunky slices.
- Serve with a fresh, mixed leaf salad.
- Also goes well with any fruit conserve like redcurrant jelly or seedless raspberry jam.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 716 mg
- Fat: 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 20.7 g
- Cholesterol: 32 mg