This orange sauce for duck recipe is quick and easy to prepare. Serve it with pan fried duck breast to turn it into duck à l’orange.
- 2 oranges
- 15g (1 tbsp) butter
- ½ onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 60ml (4 tbsp) orange liqueur
- 75ml (5 tbsp) white wine
- 100ml (⅖ cup) vegetable stock
- 45ml (3 tbsp) orange marmalade
- Juice the oranges with the K-Mojo Digimaster. Set the juice aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the onions until softened and translucent, which will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the orange liqueur and white wine to deglaze the pan. Let it bubble for 30 seconds.
- Add orange juice and stock, and simmer together for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the mixture into a bowl, essentially removing the onions, and return the smooth sauce to the frying pan.
- Bring the sauce back to a simmer, then stir in the marmalade.
- Simmer until desired thickness is achieved. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with pan fried duck breast or oven roasted duck, and green vegetables plus potato mash.
- If you are fond of a stronger orange flavour, add the zest from the used oranges to the sieved sauce.
- If you want a quick method to thicken the sauce, use 2g (1 tsp) of cornflour mixed into a bit of hot water to form a slurry. Slowly drizzle it into the sauce while stirring vigorously to avoid lumps forming.
- This sauce is suitable for refrigerating and reheating to be enjoyed at a later opportunity.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: orange sauce for duck, orange sauce recipe, duck with orange sauce, how to make orange sauce, French orange sauce, French sauce recipe, duck a l'orange