Roasted green beans with garlic is an great choice as a side dish. It is simple and inexpensive to prepare and only takes a couple of minutes. You can easily jazz up the roasted green beans with garlic with additional spices or marinades. Serve with a fatty fish or heavier meats. Double up to serve as a main course.
- 450g (1lb) green beans, washed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / gas mark 7.
- Top and tail the beans.
- Line a baking tray with foil then place the beans on top, spreading them in an even layer.
- Drizzle the beans with oil then bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle the garlic on top. Stir the beans to make sure all ingredients are evenly coated with oil.
- Place the tray back in the oven and cook for around another 3 minutes or until garlic is cooked.
- Serve immediately with poached fish and new potatoes.
- When the garlic is heading for the oven, keep an keen eye on it because you don’t want it to burn!
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 2.2 g